Sunday, March 14, 2010

Look Both Ways When Crossing The Street

As many of you know pedestrians have the right of way in Florida. We can all feel safe walking across the street or going into a store from a parking lot. Today I realized this is not so and Floridians have been given a false sense of security.
As I exited T.J. Max and proceeded to enter the cross walk I saw a car and it seemed to be slowing up to stop for me. I continued to walk and just as I was across a breeze hit me . I quickly turned to see that the car did not stop and almost hit me. Now, the car was going very slow so I called to the driver to stop. The driver stopped rolled down the window, I'd say she was in her mid 80's. I said, " You're supposed to stop for pedestrians." "Oh, yes, dear", she replied "I didn't see the stop sign and thank you for pointing it out to me." I didn't know if she meant the actual stop sign at the end of the road or the tush she almost ran in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment